In a nutshell:
** DH the shit out of this**
- initial idea was just a test of transkribus
- resource is extremely rich though
- topic models over space/time: some kind of choropleth?
- find more such diaries
- Micropasts, crowdsource corrections to my transcription, get more
- wordvectors: her perceptions of ‘others’; her perception of ‘the past’
- RNN: what is the platonic ideal type for her diary, for others? What would a machine written journey look like? what would a machine written journey tell us?
- neatline; map the journey, link into the things she tells us (art works, churches, etc)
- possible to find other diaries of people in roughly the same time, place? competing views?
- Twine game, built around her journey (her stuff gets stolen, rifled through on a number of occasions: the player character, perhaps…)
- sonification of the data models; sonification of key words/phrases a la sonification of punctuation
what would any of this mean? do? imply?
- the $0.64 question
|Created: 30 Jun 2016||Modified: 11 Jul 2016||History||Permalink|